Monday, September 15, 2014

Well, Evelynn is in her terrible twos. She has been near impossible to get to do anything for the past few days. When trying to put her to sleep a little bit ago, she screamed until she started dry-heaving and then screamed some more. I don't understand what I'm supposed to do and I don't understand why she is doing it. She was up until 12:30 last night. You know what time we lay her down in her bed? 7:30. That's four straight hours of her screaming and Bobby and I taking turns trying to get her to sleep or just straight up trying to ignore her. The problem with ignoring her altogether is that she starts purposefully hurting herself so that we will give her attention. And of course it works, because we can't just not make sure she's okay. So, I have to go check on her, because Bobby is too much of a sucker not to baby her. The only reason why I'm not such a sucker is because I have to deal with her all day, so I'm kind of used to it. But trust me when I say, there is no "getting used to" her new behavior. I declared last night that I don't want anymore children. Why on earth would I want to go through this again? I'm not even sure I'll make it through it this time. Why chance not making it the next time if I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment