Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I have learned, by taking this class, that I am a slightly closed-minded person. I have been very pessimistic about most of our assignments in this class, but have ended up enjoying a lot of them. I forgot how much I like to write and I'm glad this class has reminded me. I really didn't want to do a blog post every day for the next few weeks, but I have found that I actually like doing them. It's a good way to clear my head out and then I can focus on doing my math better or reading my history book. I didn't want to do the workshop thing either, but I ended up enjoying a lot of what I read. Lastly, I didn't want to do the credo essay, because there is honestly not a whole lot I believe in and certainly not enough for me to write three to four pages about, but I came up with something and ended up writing a lot more than I thought I would! This class has put the fun back into writing for me. I don't know if I'm just taking it at the right time in life, or if the class set-up is really just that good, or if it's a combination of both, but I'm grateful! I feel challenged and the assignments aren't just straight-out-of-the-book kind of assignments. I'm not writing about something I've had to do a hundred times and it's making me more creative in my whole life. I am really loving it!

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you. This class has definitely showed me how much I missed writing, I think it is a little of both, right time in life to take it and the class is just set up to do this. I like the fact that it's not right out of the book too. I also agree with you on the blogging and workbench assignment. I didn't want to do either of them, but overtime I have enjoyed both of them. I like this post, because I felt I could relate to how you feel. Plus, you seem to be a active writer. I like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love writing everything- poetry, songs, music, stories, journals, essays, etc. But the last few years, I haven't really gotten to write what I want to write. I think the last time I actually enjoyed writing was my junior year of high school and I really did miss it. It's making me want to get back into lots of artsy things I used to do- drawing, painting, writing. Thank you so much for your kind words and I look forward to reading your posts!

      Delete
  2. Tory - This is a nice reflection. One insight that stood out to me was your dislike of the belief essay. It saddens me to think you struggled with this topic. We believe in many things...sometimes the little things like "knitting makes me happy." That is a good thing. Look for the small things and be proud of what you have accomplished this semester. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms. A! I am very proud of myself this semester! I actually ended up coming up with a few ideas for that essay, but the one I wrote about was the only one I could have written that much and that well with. So, I'm glad it worked out.

      Delete