Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I had so much fun at Evelynn's birthday party! Everyone agreed it was way better than last year, although I have to say that last year's was probably more memorable. Allow me to provide a little back-story- Evelynn was born the day before Bobby's birthday. Last year, I was working on Evelynn's birthday and so I had the party the next day on Bobby's birthday. Because it was his birthday, Bobby refused to help me with anything at all. I don't think he realized how bad I was stressing out, because I'm usually pretty good at hiding it. I don't want anyone to think I've bitten off more than I can chew, because I'm proud and stubborn to a fault. The party was at our house, which was way too small for the amount of people that came. Luckily, Bobby's grandparents lived next door, which meant more room for people to not be all together and celebrating the first year of the first great-grandchild for Bobby's grandparents/first grandchild for Bobby's parents/mine and Bobby's first child. I also tried to do a pot-luck type thing, but trying to organize that was awful and then all of the food also wasn't all in the same house either. I was trying to make a cake, make a lasagna, decorate my house, entertain guests, and take care of presents. Did I mention that I'm really bad at hostessing and planning parties? It was total mayhem all day long. This year was so much better. I made cake, bought chips and salsa, and ordered pizza. We didn't go over-board with the presents and we had the party at Bobby's mom's where there is a lot more room in the house, a humongous yard with lots of activities for everyone to do, and plenty more parking space. I think I learned from my mistakes. Ha! Maybe next year will be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment