Friday, September 19, 2014

My mouse is dead and it makes me so sad! Here I was, sitting at my desk and trying to read some homework, and I noticed a smell. I thought to myself, "That's not the normal 'time to clean the mouse cage' smell. I looked over at his cage and he was dead underneath his squeaky wheel. I poked him to be sure and then I was so sad! I feel awful! I kept forgetting to feed him for the past couple of days, but I kept checking his water and it was fine. Plus, he had empty toilet paper rolls to munch on, so I thought he was fine. But, he wasn't fine. And now I'm sad.  I moved his cage into the kitchen, put his body in a baggie, put the body-baggie into a tupperware bowl and lidded it, then I cleaned and disinfected his cage and everything. I texted Bobby to tell him and I told him that we need to bury him. Mr. Mouse was part of the family. He added character to us as a whole and now he's gone. He deserves more than an off-brand, quart-sized baggie stuffed into some VERY cheap tupperware and then thrown into the garbage. So, when Bobby gets home and before we do anything else, we are going into the back yard and digging a hole to bury Mr. Mouse in. I might be over-reacting, but I really do feel so guilty. He was my responsibility and I over-estimated the durability of being a common field mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment