Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Today, instead of writing about how incredibly busy my day was, I am going to write one of Evelynn's favorite stories, which I have memorized, because I read it every night at least once.

Put Me in the Zoo
By: Robert Lopshire


I want to go into the zoo.
I want to see it, yes I do.

Why did they put me out this way?
I should be in, I want to stay.

Just wait and see what I can do.
Look! Now all his spots are blue!

And now his spots are orange! Say,
He looks very good that way.

Now look at this! What do you see?
Spots as green as green can be!

Violet spots! Say, you are good!
Do more! Do more!
We wish you would.

I can do more.
Look! This is new!
Blue, orange, green,
and violet too.

Oh! They would put me in the zoo,
if they could see what I can do.

We like all the things you do!
We like your spots, we like you too.

But with all the things that you can do,
the circus is the place for you!

Yes! This is where I want to be.
The circus is the place for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment