Wednesday, October 1, 2014

So, I'm pretty excited about all of my shows coming back on. I watch a lot of TV. I'm not exactly proud of it, but I don't have much else going on right now anyways. Well, I have less than I used to, and it's given me a lot of free time. I have read all of the books I own, some of them two or three or more times. And it's a lot of books. I'm a huge Nora Roberts fan. It actually makes it kind of difficult to read any other author, because I feel like I'm cheating. Ha ha! I've recently just started the Harry Potter books again for the billionth time and I still love reading them! But, my all-time, most favorite book is Summer Sisters, by Judy Blume. It's one of her few adult only books. I read that book every time I start hitting rock bottom in life and every time I feel like I'm on top of the world. It's almost like the book grounds me somehow and makes me feel better. I don't know why. It really is an amazing book and the characters in it are so honest and feel so real. I know at least one person like every single character in the book and it's so easy to identify with all of them. Just writing this is making me want to read the book again. Ha!

2 comments:

  1. Sticking with the same author can be very rewarding. To be able to read an entire works by one person is a bit of an accomplishment. And i completely understand how you feel. When i read another author, it takes me a while to understand their voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! And if I already know that I like this one author, then why risk reading someone else's work and not liking it? I'm very torn.

    ReplyDelete