Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I am going to type out some stories that fall under one of my favorite genres: Fifty-five Fiction. Fifty-five Fiction is stories that are told in fifty-five words or less and usually have some kind of twist at the end of them.

Bedtime Story  By: Jeffrey Whitmore

"Careful, honey, it's loaded," he said, re-entering the bedroom.
Her back rested against the headboard. "This for your wife?"
"No. Too chancy. I'm hiring a professional."
"How about me?"
He smirked. "Cute, but who'd be dumb enough to hire a lady hit man?"
She wet her lips, sighting along the barrel. "Your wife."

See what happened there? It's good, right? Let's try another one.

The Understudy  By: Sheree Pellemier

"The show must go on," said the director when the star dropped dead moments before act one. The star, not the understudy, would play the corpse tonight.
The understudy changed quickly. His performance was inspired. The star was flawless in his final role.
The understudy, fingering the syringe in his pocket, bowed to thunderous applause.

Not all of them are so dark. I'll try to find a better one to write tomorrow, and maybe I'll even dig out the one I wrote in high school. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment